Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday, Dec 23

Okay, Day 1 of this blog. No for me running today. I did 14 miles yesterday - actually it was 13.6 miles with a 0.6 mile warm up (to get the digestive tract in line with a long run). It went well, but it's kind of funny how your body forgets that running a long distance actually hurts. I ran the first 9 with Rod, my running partner and I think he was annoyed that I wanted to run it slow (~ 9 mpm). He peeled off and I did the last 5+/- alone. Weather was pretty cold - around 30 degrees at the start with overcast skies. We ran by my parents house - a figure 8 w/a stick - Bald Hill/Campground Rd, Rt 152, Grant Rd and back on 87. I wore new shoes - right out of the box - Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 and they felt okay. I did that more to have the traction on the snowy roads.

I took 2 Tylenol last night before I went to bed (achy knee and a sore foot) but it didn't help much. I might have to start the ice baths again. Definitely not looking forward to that!
We'll see if I can keep up with this blog business.
Sweet
Out

No comments: