Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Suffering

From a calf strain...again. Usually it's my right calf, but now it's my right. So I'm on the DL. These are supposed to be my heavy mileage weeks in preparation for Philly. I think I'll still be able to run the 26.2, or at least run/walk it, but the PR is definitely out of the mix now. I was really going to try and get after it this fall too.
Disappointing.

So, I'm not running the rest of this week, after a 24ish mile week last week, 6.2 the week before, and 6.2 this week, I'm pretty much going to have to start over whenever the discomfort disappears.

Sucks.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Glad to see you back in blog land and really hope you start having some better luck with that calf. Is that pain mid-calf or further down, closer to where the muscle might meet your tendon?

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Excellent - another running blog to follow!

Bummer about the calf. Take it easy this week and hopefully it will heal up and you can still do Philly.