Friday, January 30, 2009

SICK of it

I guess the burnout wasn't so mild.
I never get sick...or I never used to get sick. Welcome to the wonderful Petri dish of daycare I guess. I was sick last week and again, even worse this past weekend.
I'm pretty pissed about missing the Derry 16 this past weekend due to a very short lived and timely illness - sweats, chills, head throbs, delirium. It lasted about 36 hours...just long enough to miss the race.
The race is just a great gut check in getting ready for Boston. I haven't missed Derry since I started running Boston so I'm hoping it's not a sign of things to come.

My weekday runs have been mostly on the TM - due to my inattention to the clock. Either it gets too late (dark & unsafe) to run outside, or too close to a meeting or deadline and I need a controlled environment in case I have to shut it down early.
Mileage for the past few weeks (this week isn't done so I'm not posting it):
Last week (w/e 1/25) - 16.1
w/e 1/18 - 23.5 (sick again and on biz travel)
w/e 1/11 - 39

6 miles is just so easy right now. I love that!

Hopefully I can get back on track with a bunch of weeks in the high 30s low 40s soon. Time is passing and the miles aren't adding up. Not having Friday as a consistent running day is going to hurt me.

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

So what's your plan? You just run each run on feel? A tempo each week? No set plan? Just curious how you come up with what you do each week.

Are you still keeping up the strength stuff too? I assume so - I know you think that's important.

Well you have now officially had your share of sickness for the season, so you should be good to go with the training full speed ahead.

solarpowered said...

Dan - first, sorry you had to miss Derry. I know you wanted to run that.

About it being a sign for Boston, though -- your kick-ass running at Philly this fall wasn't coming off solid training either, and you did so well. I think you've had good results with what training you do get in, so don't stress about it. Run what you can, when you can, and run those with purpose. You'll do great!

Theia said...

Um, yeah. What Solar said! :)