Wednesday, April 29, 2009

scatterpost

My 4:29 temp run summary...
0-1.78m - 13:35 - 7:38 mpm
1.78 - 3.35m - 11:05 - 7:04 mpm
3.35 - 4.12m - 5:01 - 6:31 mpm
4.12 - 7.94m - 31:12 - 8:10 mpm

I was struggling for the mid miles but tried a run with shorter but harder tempo pace to see what happens. I figured I have to start training my body for oxygen deficit for the Mt Washington race.

Now I just have to quit the ice cream, chocolate, cookies, Twix and everything else I'm gorging on. I'm getting some new jiggles that I'm not too fond of so I really have to right myself this coming week. The one thing that's a killer on Mt Washington is extra baggage.

I'm really getting the itch to travel to a race. The problem is that work is really starting to ramp up and I know my running time is going to be cut very soon. I have been taking waaaaay tooooo long on my lunches so far this year and lots of stuff has piled up.

So much so that I'm starting to dream about it all.
Powerball take me away!!!!

"It’s the sides of the mountain which sustain life, not the top."
I really like that quote.

Pack Monadnock hill intervals start this week (self imposed punishment - 1.3 miles, 14% average grade). Nasty. I'm looking forward to it although I have to travel to DC next-next week I think so I'll be missing out on one session.

I have plans on a 5K race next weekend with the jogger if the weather is nice. That'll be interesting if DD will keep still and not throw anything out of her cockpit.

i'm thinking of unofficially trying to bq this fall. ssshhhh. if i can run consistently and DW lets me out of the house.

ciao

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Dude - that is a scatter post.

That is a flippin fast tempo run.

Travel to the Twin Cities and attempt BQ here. Oct 4th. All the cool kids are doing it.

That sounds like a nasty hill. I wish I had some long ones like that around here to practice on. Mine are all shorter. How do you tell what the grade is?

Good luck with the stroller 5k!

Christine said...

BQ ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

no, don't got to twin cities. grand rapids is calling your name. or OBX.