Tuesday, May 12, 2009

my enemy is Mr Baker

My right knee is not healthy and the more i read about a Baker cyst, the more i don't like it.
It's either caused by some arthritic activity, the slight tear i have in my meniscus, or just general swelling that's moved to the back of my knee.
Why these things happen when it's crunch time is beside me.
It felt like i twisted my knee after saturday's run but i never felt like i twisted it while i was running. I'm wondering if it's from the downhill poritons of my runs. I have been running a lot of hills lately as a part of my LR's in preparation for Mt Washington.

All I have to say is....CRAP!

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

That sucks! So how did you diagnose it as a Baker cyst? I've never heard of that.

Maria said...

Is there anything you can do to strengthen the opposing or supporting muscles? Sounds like something that will continue to pop up if given the right (down hills) circumstances.

Nutz. :(

Theia said...

Any better???