Wednesday, July 8, 2009

drawing a blank

I guess I'm just drawing a blank and don't have much to write about. I have been pretty busy with that necessary evil - work but that's not a good enough excuse. It just seems to suck the life and creativity out of me.

I have been pondering a lot lately - mostly about 'where do I go from here'? Not in life but in running/exercise. I have managed to pack on some padding over the past few months - and boy was it evident on the Mt Washington race. I faded so fast and so dramatically and near passed out after mile 5 it was pretty frightening. My time doesn't really reflect my crappy level of fitness but I really felt like a pile of sh!t during the race. I need a goal.

I am debating on a fall marathon but haven't really picked one out. I suppose I should make a choice and draft up a plan. The possibilities and time remaining:
TCM - 12 weeks
Mohawk Hudson = 13 weeks
MCM = 17 weeks
OBX = 18 weeks
Richmond = 19 weeks
Philly = 20 weeks
I'm guessing that I'd get to make one trip so I have to make it count.

The other question is to try and bq or not. I'm not off to a very good start to even make this a remote possiblity.

We'll see what the next few weeks bring.

2 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Dan,

TC is closed, it's been for a while now, so that's out.

My suggestion is to run either MH or Philly. MH looks wicked fast and the weather should be nice--I don't think I've seen any negative reviews for the race. I'll do that race someday! If you need more time to prepare, Philly!

You can totally BQ!!!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I'll be anxious to hear what you decide on! Don't keep us in suspense for much longer!