Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Road Back?

Friday was 3 miles w/the lil one in the jogger - a very relaxed and conservative pace (~9:15 mpm). I felt fine but I know pushing the extra weight of the jogger probably isn't the best thing for a recovering strained calf. Even on the gradual/easy hills I chose to run. Regardless, that was my first outdoor run in 3 weeks. I felt fine and I'm really 'jonesing' for outdoor miles.

Saturday was a planned 8-10 mile run on the rail trail w/a friend. She was looking to run slow b/c of a bumb achilles so it worked out great. Aside from the monster puddles and mud we hit...what a great run. Slow, but just what the doc ordered. I'm not back in the 'groove' - lots of work to do to get back there, but at least this is a step in the right direction. 9.5 miles, 1:24 ish.

As we ran I took a quiet status check of my 'temple'. And then the reality of Philly started to settle in. I don't have much time and the last thing I want to do is rush my training and wind up on the DL again. Looks like it's gonna be a run-to-run, day-to-day, week- to-week kind of thing.

Sorry, not exactly the most exciting post...I'm engrossed in the Sox game.

Cindi, I work in the environment, safety & health department for my company - a very large gov't contractor. My areas of responsiblity include air quality (Clean Air Act), Remediaation (Superfund, State Clean up Programs, etc) and various other programs.
Really not as sexy as it may sound.

5m or so planned for tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Theia said...

Umm, hi! Way to NOT share your blog with all of us. Sheesh! :)

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Sounds exciting. The run(s) and the job.

So you are still waiting to decide about Philly?

solarpowered said...

Glad to see you are in for Philly and that you are getting your groove back :)