Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Too Friggin' Late...

To post what I meant to post.
Running this week has been uneventful - 5m on Monday and my left calf felt not too good. Again not painful but weak - probably more a matter of my brain getting in the way of my running. After icing both calfs last night as I was in bed, watching the Sox clinch a spot in the ALCS, I woke up this AM and both were sore. I figured it wasn't worth running outside on the hills/pavement (albeit very small hills) so I opted for swimming and the deadmill. Today was the first day I tried wearing a speedo swimsuit - shorts, not the skivvies. After getting over the feeling of being over exposed, I think it really made a difference w/my laps today. I could feel the reduction in drag. I still can't string together more than 3 laps comfortably, but it's getting there. Baby steps.
Four miles on the 'mill were annoying - it's so awesome outside, I can't believe I'm having to run indoors.

The topics I wanted to include....
- Recovering between marathons and my experience running them 30 days apart. I'm glad RW had the article in this month's issue - the GREEN issue.
- My stream of conscious thoughts as I sat on the corner of Atlantic and Summer in Boston this past Wednesday.
- My thoughts on my training right now....other than I know that I'm in for a world of hurt on November 23. It might make for some interesting spectating.

Hope to expound upon these topics soon.

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Selfishly, I want you to:

1) post your thoughts on marathons with only 30 days recovery

2) post a pic with the speedo

There's still time before Philly. Keep at it.

Maria said...

Keep chipping away at your runs, I think the increase in swimming will help your overall cardio immensely and keep your body intact for the Philly marathon.

solarpowered said...

Yeah - what RFTL said. And, yeah - what Maria said.

:D :D :D