Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fingers Crossed

Just to answer a few things first...
Solar/Heather - I didn't know I had a blog until Cindi reminded me that I should keep it updated.
And Solar, are you calling me a 4-stroker? Jeesh.
As I told Moe the other day - I have always been told to get the lead out. So, I have come to believe that there's a lot of lead down there (in the keister) causing me to sink - I feel like that's where all of my effort goes. Not even that foam tow thing will keep my 'south' end afloat.

I whack my head on planes all the time. You think I'd learn....DUCK, dummy!

Ok, so I logged 5m on the TM today. I started the pace at ~8:50 mpm, dropped it to 8:30 & 8:20 mpm for a 1/2 mile each (or so). I think that running slow and flat with a cushioned landing has helped the recovery. I don't feel 100% but at least I'm putting a few miles in. I am so chomping at the bit to tear up some miles.

I'm home tomorrow so I think I'll try and take the lil' one out for a few miles in the jogger. I have 8/9/10 on tap for Sat on the rails to trails route a few miles away from here. It's flat and not paved so I'm hoping it'll be a good 1st long run post-injury. I have to get rid of this calf thing...NOW! I'm hoping the injury bug stays at bay for good.

Random thought:
Yesterday, while waiting for my seminar in Boston on CO2, the Carbon Trading market, Global warming, etc I sat at the intersection of Atlantic and Summer watching the myriad of people exiting South Station on their way to work. I was just awestruck at the # of people filing into the city. I pulled out my notepad and jotted down stream of conscious thoughts that I'm hoping to post, but I left them at work. Interesting stuff...it was like watching live artwork.

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

See, you have groupies. Now you have to keep the blog updated.

Sounds like TM running and unpaved trail running might be just what you need. Good luck with the long run this weekend!

Carbon Trading, Global Warming - what exactly is it that you do for a living, anyway?

Maria said...

I'm glad to hear things are feeling better, good luck with the weekend running!!

sauconRunner said...

It's those quads that are pulling you down. I used to be an avid swimmer and my legs were never buoyant due to being so muscular. These days they have an extra layer of fat over the muscle so they would probably float well - haha.