Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just a quick update....

Swimming update...coming soon to a blog near you!
In a nutshell I am noticing progress, I just haven't done any of the form/efficiency drills yet. I'm trying to focus on 'pushing the buoy' (pressing my chest into the water, swimming downhill, whatever you want to call it) and developing my upper body strength by using the pull buoy.

I will say that I'm not as uncomfortable in the speedospandexshorts as I was at the start but I'm not so comfortable that photographic evidence will be posted anytime soon.

Here's a pic from Sunday's b-day party. She didn't much care for the frosting on her fingers. Next time we're going to make sure that she's hungry before attacking a birthday cake.



And the results of my baking...














Other running stuff....This week I ran a 5m tempo, a 6.2 mile slow paced run and an 8 mile run (today) @ an 8:40 mpm pace. My calf muslces are letting me know that this may be a bit too quick of a ramp up. But I'm hoping I can make it through this weekend, ramp down next week and push out one more long run before tapering.

I predict pain on 11/23. Lots of pain.

3 comments:

Maria said...

OMG, what an adorable birthday girl and supa cool cupcakes!!! Thanks for posting!!

Mary said...

Those cupcakes are the best!!!! Nicely done!! She's such a doll!

solarpowered said...

I can't believe she's 1!!! She's adorable, the cupcakes look super yummy, and your swimming progress sounds great!